straight stringing

KCW kw2@acsu.buffalo.edu
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 08:13:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997 Ted_Sambell@BanffCentre.AB.CA wrote:

> Of course, the individual loops pose something of a service problem, as
> seemingly not many people duplicate them neatly and  replacement strings so
> often stick out like the proverbial sore thumb. Some years ago I attended a
> Bosenforfer seminar in Toronto and I asked the representative how they made
> their loops, the ones with the arced tails.He didn't know! Anyway, we
> experimented and finally found out how to do it. I do like the appearance,
> and as the tail is angled up close to the hitch pin and rests on a cloth
> punching, it does not dig into the paint on the plate.

Hi Ted,
	How did you duplicate the loops???  I have always wondered how
this Boesendorfer tech in Vienna HAND-made those loops.  I wasn't there
when he made those loops.  They where _identical_ to the original factory
made loops that I couldn't tell which strings were replaced!.
Thanks in advnce

Kuang Wang