RCT owner query

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 4 Oct 1997 08:14:30 -0500

Dear list,
I am in the process of making a decision to buy a new VTD.  A little
background.  Owned 2 SOT's, one with 10 turn pots.  Also 2 SAT's so I have
been using these tools for 15-20 years.  I am in the process of deciding
which new VTD to buy.  Here is a list of questions I have if you would take
the time to answer them honestly for me.  Please, only RCT users respond,
and PLEASE, privately.

1.  Which RCT package did you but:, Mercury, Luna, etc?

2.  How much RAM do you have now and do you feel if it is enough for your
purposes?

3.  For those with the Luna package, Duo280c, how much does the slight
delay in changing from note to note affect you: agravating or no problem?

4.  Have you had any problems with your refurbished Macs?

5.  Would you buy the same package again or move up to what?

6.  How long do you think the Mac will function using it for this type
work?

7.  How many are using the Claris or other programs to keep all your
records and associated business dealing on the same computer?

8.  What do you back up the data on?

9.  Is it better to just keep all your records at home on your main office
computer or carry them on the Mac?  I have just got a new 200 mgz. IBM
machine last January.

10.  In your opinion,what speed processor would you recommend, how much
internal RAM, and how big the built in hard drive?

11.  How was the support and service after the sale?

12.  How helpfull is the

13.  Do you use the private list server on the WEB and how helpful is it?

14.  How many tunings did it take to become comfortable with use, assuming
you used a SAT before.

I have the demo video on order.

Thank you if you respond, PLEASE PRIVATELY.

James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Do it because it is right"