Fact Or Fiction..

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Mon, 06 Oct 97 00:10:17

On Sun, 5 Oct 1997 16:28:11 -0400 (EDT), Phil Bondi wrote:

>..Tuning Pin Tightner(Restorer)..
>
>..I've been led to believe that TPT is a no-no because it's mostly alcohol
>and the alcohol will dissipate in time, making it a temp fix..
>
>..i have read here where some sort of super glue was used with good
>results..i don't think I wanna *go there* yet..
>
>..I hope this doesn't turn into the *great debate*..i'm just looking for
>comments and people's experiences.
>
>..the reason i'm asking is because I'm tuning mostly older pianos at this
>stage of my development..I DO get new ones with my association with a
>dealership, but the question still remains...............fact or fiction?
>

>Phil,
	My suggestion would be to try a few pins trested with each substance on your
own piano.  Even if it's not needed you'll still get to feel the results. For me personally, I
like the feel of the super glue. It feels more like a pin block should. I've always hated
the feel of a traditionally "Doped" block. I've found them to be gummy feeling and
rather unpredictable while tuning.  ..... Just my 2 cents!
						Greg

Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`
Lakewood, Ohio 44107