Buzzing bass strings

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 13:00:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997, Henry Brugsch wrote:

> For twisting, I have found a vice grip (tm I think) or mole grips this
> side of the pond to be affective.
> grab the string at the point where the last turn of the eye's coil
> terminates, and set the grip.
> Twist in the direction the winding is pointing, about 2 or 2.5 turns.
> Be careful not to grab the eye too tightly, lest you weaken the
> junction.

Actually, for twisting bass strings, nothing works as well as one of
those spring-loaded, "bass-string twisting tools" sold by the supply
houses for about five bucks.  And they make reinstalling the twisted
string back on its hitchpin a snap, too!. For anyone who's ever had a
twisted string "get away from them", the right tool can save a lot of
wear and tear on your fingers. JMHO.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net