Player Steinway

John Hartman pianocraft@sprintmail.com
Thu, 09 Oct 1997 10:52:08 -0700

Dear List,

I need advise on restoring a Player mechanism. The Piano is a Steinway
model L in a carved mahogany case and is scheduled for a complete
rebuilding.  The player mechanism seems to be intact and the word Duo-Art
is stenciled on the fall-board. The client has shown interest in
restoring the player and I need help on what to advise them. I have no
intention in doing the work myself and need the name of the most
qualified player restorer to refer to my client. A few other questions I
have are; is this worth doing, is the Duo-Art the better quality
"reproducing" mechanism, can player roles be found that work and what
kind of service problems will be encountered?

Sincerely,

John Hartman RPT