Bechstein

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 00:14:26 -0700 (MST)

Hi Peter:

The usual cause for this uneven hammer line is that the repetition
lever height was not set properly. The typical adjustment should be
such that the lever and the jack top both support the hammer knuckle.
The test is that when the jack tender is gently depressed with a
finger, the hammer should drop perhaps 1/32" and then rise when the
the jack tender is slowly released. Now, if there is not enough
spring tension, this will not work. If there is too much torque in
the rep. lever bushing, it will not work. If there is too much tension
and the rep lever is too high, it will not drop.

Jim Coleman, Sr.