"Feelin' in Tune? (part I)

Kenneth W. Burton kwburton@freenet.calgary.ab.ca
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 05:26:24 -0600 (MDT)

	Lance and all,

	I have tinnitus. The sound I hear in my ears, is like the wind
blowing. It never bothers me while I am tuning but I have trouble hearing
high pitched buzzes. It is getting a bit worse as the years go by but the
change is very slow and I anticipate continuing to tune as many pianos as
I wish, until I am 70 or 75.
	By the way, I have passed the tuning tests of both CAPT and PTG
since 1988, so I know that my tuning is at least decent. During this past
year, I have had sessions with two master tuners to learn more and to
ensure that I am not turning out bad tunings without realizing it. (Aural
tuning only--I do not own an SAT.
	I started tuning in 1967, so I have had a great time over the
years and the piano service business has been very good to me.

	Ken Burton "Doctor Piano" Calgary Alberta