Player Steinway

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:10:27 -0400 (EDT)

Although the Dou-Art was far and away the most frequently encountered
player found in Steinways, a few Ampico mechanisms were custom-instal-
led. They ARE rare, but they do exist. Even Reblitz makes note of this
in his well-known book on servicing and rebulding players. Also we dis-
cussed it here on the list about a year or so ago. BTW, the Dou-Art was
neither installed nor marketed by Steinway. Aeolian had Steinways with
the special cases custom-made and then did both the installations and
the selling

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net