Mystery Noise

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:50:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Dave.

My guess is that your problem is with the bushing. Yes, you can replace
just one without having to remove the whole rail, although you're obvious-
ly working in tight quarters. After removing the damper, the old bushing
should be easy enough to remove. You might find it easier to feed the new
piece of bushing cloth through from the bottom than the top. If a pair of
long tweezers won't do the job, you might try a pair of EXTREMELY FINE
long, needle-nose pliers to pull the bushing cloth into position. After
it's dried you can trim it with an "Exacto" knife with a narrow blade.
Putting a longer "point" than usual on the end of the bushing cloth,
should facilitate pulling it into position. When doing this job, bad
language IS allowed!

Les Smith
leswsmith@buffnet.net