SAT battery specs

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Tue, 14 Oct 1997 17:19:21 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Story <mark.story@worldnet.att.net>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Monday, October 13, 1997 11:47 PM
Subject: SAT battery specs

>Does anyone know the specs for the nicad battery that the SAT currently
>uses?  I'm interested in things like capacity (mAh) and quick charge or
>standard.
>
>Mark Story, RPT
>Spokane, WA
>mark.story@worldnet.att.net

Call Paul Sanderson at 800 FAST440.  I am sure he can tell you.

As for fast charging a regular battery -- this is not recommended.  Fast
charging produces a lot of heat.  In fact, a "thermistor" is what tells the
charger to stop charging and it is activated by heat.  Conventional nicads
(ones NOT designated for fast charging) will be quickly destroyed by rapid
charging.

Thank goodness the SAT III uses nickel metal hydride.  Much better !

Glenn.  (a ham, piano tech, and hack in general.)