Flange Re-bushing

Fri, 17 Oct 1997 16:32:56 -0700

Gina, Terry, et al.

There was some attempt some time ago (don't remember which company)
to do this, but I don't recall that it was very successful.

On the other hand, I worked with Lane Miller (now in Louisiana, I believe),
who had developed a system of bushing much like what used to be used
at Kimball.  His method employed hand-preglued strips of bushing cloth,
pressed into place by a foot operated press operating a heated caul, then
trimmed while the heat was applied, and then "set" with heated brass
cauls for sizing.  Very accurate.  Very fast.  And, lasted a good deal longer
under _heavy_ institutional use than I would have thought.

Lane had been working on a patent for the press contraption, so I don't want
to give away his store.  On the other hand, if I were doing very many sets
of keybushings, I'd surely be in touch with him to see what progress he's
made...

Have a good weekend.

Best to all.

Horace

At 06:51 PM 10/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Terry,
>
>Is it pre-glued or is it pre-sized? The Renner bushing cloth I've been using
>is pre-sized to match Bill Spurlock's bushing cauls.
>
>If there is a pre-glued product, I'll also be interested to learn how it's
>used.
>
>Gina Carter
>
>In a message dated 97-10-17 18:21:10 EDT, Terry_Beckingham@mbnet.mb.ca
>writes:
>
><< Hi All,
>
> I am about to use Renner flange bushing cloth for the first time. I
> understand that it is pre-glued, but I am not familiar with the method of
> activating the glue after the bushing is installed. Can anyone out there
> help me with this?
>
> Also, what is the correct sizing solution to use with this cloth, and is it
> the sizing solution that activates the glue?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>  >>

Horace Greeley

Systems Analyst/Engineer