CA glue on grands

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 22:29:14 -0600

Hi Roger,

By the way one poor fellow managed to *glue an upright* to the floor. So I
suggest layers of paper under the affected area. Nice to know the CA will
*wick* but I still think I prefer my uprights laying down.

I generally use several layers of newspaper with the action removed in an
Grand, Though in one case there was just *one* loose pin, so I simply slid a
whole newspaper between the action and the pin block. And yes...the glue
went right through.

I am using a *super* thin formulation and having excellent results.

At 07:29 PM 10/22/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Don,
>       CA glue can be used on grands, however, I take the following
>precautions.
> #1 Remove the action.
> #2 Tape the bottom of the pin block with that shiny electrical tape its
>easier to remove.
> #3 Put a sheet of plastic on the action drawer just in case.
> I would only used this procedure in desperate cases, however some of
>those Korean contract pianos of 10-15 years ago were desperate out of
>the box.
> We have batted 4 for 4 on repinning these cheaply made grands that we
>sold 12 years back. The last 2 we also replaced the bass strings, what a
>difference. Long term the only solution is repinning or pin block
>replacement. Longer term, trade the piano in but not to me. Well twist
>my arm a little if the dollars are right.
> P.S. The 7ft Heinman will be finished by the middle of next week if
>anyone from the Art Gallery theatre would like to see it.
>Regards Roger.

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com