WAS: Re: No sig. file-(LIST-Please Read-a little long-sorry)

Kristin Torres tunapiana@adisfwb.com
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 23:46:33 -0500

Dear List:

I was a new subscriber to this list when another certain technician left
after responding (flaming with fowl language) to certain individuals on this
list regarding this very same subject-signing our posts.

Now I have been a subscriber to this list for a few months now and, yes, I
sign my posts. However, if there are certain requirements or "rules"
regarding this list-why not just post them? Why not send a "welcome" letter
with all the "regulations" and "protocol" we are to follow at the time of
subscription so there can be no questions as to how we are to conduct
ourselves.

Speaking for myself, I have always signed my posts. However, just because
someone does sign their posts doesn't guarantee they know a hill of beans
about pianos. It is the content of the posts, is it not.  We all can learn
from each other, can't we?

I must admit that although I have been a tech for about 25 years I can say
I have learned a great deal just by reading the posts on this list,  and I
hope that I have contributed some as well,  as these are supposed to be the
reasons for signing on the list.

My concern is that some "newbies" to the list (and the "net" in general)
might just feel alienated by the more experienced techs as well as the ones
who are bringing up the negative experiences of the past...

Suggestion: When someone signs on this list why not just welcome them,
explain the way the list works and move on...more than enough said. JMHO  I
know I have said more than enough, but I feel no one has said it
yet...Thanks for reading.   :-)

Sincerely
Greg Torres
Tunapiana@adisfwb.com