Maddison

Greg Newell gnewell@EN.COM
Thu, 30 Oct 97 23:17:29

Dear List,
	I saw 3 more studio PSO's and one grand pso under this name today.  The
grand (boy I wish I could call it something other than "grand") had very jumpy tuning
pins. Almost impossible to get a clean tuning. Actually I didn't even try ... it was a floor
tuning you know :>) .  I didn't have enough time to pull the action of the grand so nothing
to share about that.  The studios  were all quite different from each other. Most of the
varience was in pin block drilling. I wonder if these tuning pins had threads cut too
deep.  I couldn't see much of the threads but they certainly struck me as being deep.
Maybe just my imagination.  The geometry of the actions seems quite screwed up.
The touch is quite "clunky" . Heavy just isn't the right word but you can tell that
something is amiss.  I would rate them as better than the Russian efforts (not saying
much) and worse than the Samicks.  BTW I have a recent story about that brand too if
anyone's interested.  All in all I'm not at all impressed and really quite apprehensive
about tying my name to the service of these things.
				regards,
					Greg Newell
Greg and Mary Ellen Newell
Greg's Piano Forte`