loose pins

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 22:34:48 +0000

> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Date:          Thu, 30 Oct 1997 07:02:53 -0600
> Subject:       Re: loose pins
> From:          lesbart@juno.com (Leslie W Bartlett)

Leslie,

The nice tone you are referring to is soon to be history.  Many
if not all Korean pianos have extremely hard hammers which will
be apparent in the near future.  For an example...I have a new
account in a restaurant which I service every month here in San
Francisco.  Every month it sounds like it has tacks in the
hammers.  The hammer felt has a stamp of "Royal George Felt" on
the sides. Not a very good advertisement for "Royal George
Felt".  I can't get a needle in more than a 1/8th of an inch so
I just try to fluff the strike point.  This piano has a 3 ply
soundboard with the spruce on the top and bottom.  I hate this
piano!  I will try the steam or fabric softener in the near
future.  What a waste of wood!!!!!

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

Up till  this incident I really liked the piano. It plays well,
and has a nice tone.  But knowing it is a "less expensive
piano"  and having this experience certainly would cause me to
wonder about recommending such an instrument to sincere
customers.

 les bd

 Leslie Bartlett