loose pins

Robert B Edwardsen edwardsn@mail.rpa.net
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:43:24 -0500

>Honestly, 6 pins are loose and the entire history of this
>manufacturer is in question?

>To those who must have the benefit of a great deal of inside information in
>formulating your negative opinions about the general quality of these
>pianos, I won't try to dissuade you.  Rather, simply put, this is not my
>experience after dealing with thousands of Samick pianos over the years.
>
>Regards to all,
>

>Stan Kroeker
>Registered Piano Technician

Dear Stan:
        I tuned a Samick upright yesterday and must say it was a good
piano(118PS?); however, if after 10 years tuning pins are loose (6 or 66)
and the manufacturer (knowing there is a problem that was not a result of
the customers) does not take care of the repair then the current history of
Samick's desire to stand behind their product is in question.

With all due respect,

Rob Edwardsen, RPT
21 Courtenay Circle
Pittsford, NY 14534-2101