Refinishing: HLVP vs Conventional Systems

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 20:07:55 -0500

----------
> From: BSHARPTUNE@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Refinishing: HLVP vs Conventional Systems
> Date: Tuesday, September 16, 1997 6:28 PM
> Dear Devlin,
I have been using the Wagner Capspray unit for over a year now.  I have
done a  complete piano with it as well as refinsihing my benches.  It is a
multi-turbine model and I use it exclusively with water borne finishes.  I
have no complaints with it.  It certainly has less overspray than normal
air-compressor type and uses less power because it only runs while you are
spraying.
However if you use compressed air for blowing things off you still need a
compressor.  I have both, but if I did not I would invest in a large
compresor and a gun (like Binks) capable of HVLP use.  I have not used
solvent based lacquers in it at all.
James Grebe
pianoman@inlink.com>

 I am wondering if anyone has done any plate or cabinet refinishing with
one