Laughead Piano: Anybody Heard of It?

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 08:20:59 -0500

----------
> From: Tunapiana@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Laughead Piano: Anybody Heard of It?
> Date: Thursday, September 18, 1997 1:58 AM

> << Today, I tuned a Laughead console for the dealer for whom
>  I sometimes do floor tunings.
>  He said he had no information about this brand, neither do I.  Anybody
>  ever heard of this one?  Thanks in advance.
>  Arnold Schmidt, Raleigh, NC, arnold1@mindspring.com >>

Dear Arnold,
Gordon Laughead was active before around 1980 when a fire destroyed his
under insured factory.  Gordons father had worked for Wurlitzer and made
most of the jigs for the models himself.  I was a dealer for them in St.
Louis as was many other techs in other places and I sold them from
brochures.  They made spinets, consoles, and 48" studios.  CF Stein did the
scales and were fairly decent lower cost pianos.
James Grebe
pianoman@inlink.com