Damp Action Drying

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Sun, 21 Sep 1997 11:24:12 -0500

----------
> From: Delwin D Fandrich <pianobuilders@olynet.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Damp Action Drying
> Date: Sunday, September 21, 1997 9:06 AM
>
> Richard Moody wrote:
> >
> > Susan is right about Photoflo.   Only a tiny amount needs to be
added
> > to the water alcohol mixture.  You can test this by placing a
drop on
> > a piece of wood, (like the flange itself) and observing how  much
> > faster it is absorbed into the wood.
>

> So what's in Photoflo? And what, if anything, will it do to the
wood?

> --ddf

Some times it is referred to as a wetting agent.  It makes water
wetter.  You don't need too much.  It dries without residue or stain.
 The observable effect on wood is that it makes the  absorb water
like magic.  So it is probably more on the moisture content of wood.

	I would have to ask a chemist about how it works and what is in it.

Richard On The Road