nomenclature????

Warren Fisher fish@communique.net
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 22:24:57 -0700

Howard, it's the same as a hammer spring punching.  It is a small
circular piece of thin felt that goes under the curved end of the spring
and is glued into the v-shaped spring grooves in the hammer butt and
damper levers of old uprights.  Some manufacturers also used them on the
bottoms of jack springs (or possibly some tooner used them so they
wouldn't have to clean the old spring coils out of the spring seats).

Hope this helps,

Warren

--
Home of the Humor List