particle board

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 00:37:37 -0600

Hi all,

My understanding of the use of MDF in high end speaker cabinets is that it
has *no grain* and therefore has a resonant frequency that is not a problem.
Where as *plywood* and regular wood have a grain. If there *is* a resonant
frequency, then the sound is *colored* as that frequency is absorbed.

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com
3004 Grant Rd.