Dealer/Tech. relationships

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:54:15 -0700

Greetings Lance,
                 It seems as if I've been hogging a lot of air time on
this topic, but I can add another 2cents worth, Canadian that is. Not
worth much.
  To answer your question, YES, you are morally obliged to both the
dealer and the customer. How you do it, is all important, see my
  First go to the dealer and explain that he has a problem developing,
you did not want to cause any problems, and have not mentioned the
problems to the customer at this time, however if the customer should
ask, you would be honor bound to be truthful,as you have an on going
relationship with this client.
  Since you already do some work for this dealership there is already a
trust factor working for you. So be up front with the dealer and voice
your concerns without recriminations, chances are the dealer will give
you the job. Just be fair in your charges.
  If the the dealership does not respond, you then owe it to the
customer to point out the short comings, this client trusted you to look
after their previous instrument, so whats different now? If they find
out that you have been covering up you will loss this client for sure,
as well as some of your integrity.
  I will repeat a quote from one of my previous post and my absolute
creedo for doing business. WALK A MILE IN THE CUSTOMERS SHOES.
                           DO UNTO OTHERS.

Hope is this of some help. P.S. I'm speaking as both a dealer. and as a
technician, so I am seeing the problem from both sides of the fence.
As a consumer I have been screwed many times.
Kind regards
Roger Jolly
Canadian Wilderness
Saskatoon