Model L harmonics

Baldwin Yamaha Piano Centre baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 10:00:29 -0700

Rob,
    Nice to hear from you, I thought that I was the only one that
recieved pianos like that.
  Two suggestions come to mine.
  Check the down bearing, about 10 thou with the standard dial gauge in
the first soprano section.
  I have been sucessful in masking the problem by steaming the forward
shoulder of the hammer only,  this has worked but I'm still trying to
understand why. I think its because less energy is directed towards the
bar, but maybe I'm out to lunch on that one.
  Finally remove the bronze medal fom the plate its secured by 2
phillips screws,if the problem goes away use double sided carpet tape
and reinstall.
P.S. I bet you a toony its the medal, just had the same problem on
Winnepegs Concert Halls SD10.
  See you the next time I'm in Edmonton. Maybe an Oilers game.
Kind regards Roger.