Reyburn CyberTuner Luna 1 package

Dean L. Reyburn, RPT dean@reyburn.com
Sun, 28 Sep 97 21:57:24 -0400

Mitch Kiel writes;
>>    To repeat a point I made in a previous post:
>>    If you like, think of our $1595 computer/RCT combo (Luna 1 package,
>>complete and ready to use) as a dedicated tuning device. At that price,
>>you get an "RCT tuning device" for a very competitive price. If it makes
>>a PC user feel better, feel free to ignore the "free" Mac computer.

Dave Bunch writes
>Unless I am mistaken, I believe the Mac that is included in the Luna 1
>package has a 66 megahertz 040 processor.

Hi Dave;
Yes, that's correct, the Luna 1 includes a PowerBook Duo 280, 4.2 lb
subnotebook with a 66mhz 68LC040 Motorola cpu.

>In regular computer terms, this would be considered an antique and pretty
>slow. The relevant question would be though, does the cybertuner program
>run slow on this notebook? Do you have to sit and wait for input to be
>processed, which can be maddening?

The 280 runs Reyburn CyberTuner at a *very* acceptable speed. The visual
spinner image in CyberEar (the tuning window) is realtime. I have quite a
number of users with the 280 and 280c (color screen) and they are all very
happy with the machine. I wouldn't offer the 280 unless it ran RCT fast
enough since we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. I have yet to have
anyone return a Luna 1 package for any reason.

>Is there a perceptible difference in speed between the Luna 1 model and
>the Macs with Power PC processors?

The only significant difference I notice in speed is that the PowerPC
machines are faster at auto-switching from one note to another. A
PowerBook
Duo 2300c which has a 100mhz PowerPC-603e (RISC) cpu switches from one
note
to the next in about a quarter of a second. The 280 takes about a second.
This does not slow me down in tuning since by the time I have moved the
hammer to the next tuning pin, the machine is already there.

Several recent advances in RCT allows it to run better than ever on the
66mhz machines. The 280 is the fastest (and lightest) PowerBook to use
the Motorola 68040 cpu.

for more info on the Luna 1 and other packages:

 www.reyburn.com/powerbook.html

For the techies out there the tech specs on the 280/280c are at:

 www.reyburn.com/duo280c.html

-Dean

 Dean L. Reyburn, RPT    RPS, Inc.           email:  dean@reyburn.com
 2695 Indian Lakes Road                   web page:   www.reyburn.com
 Cedar Springs, Michigan, 49319 USA
 1-888-SOFT-440 (or 616-696-0500)                   Fax: 616-696-8121