Reyburn CyberTuner

Mitch Kiel mitchkiel@olywa.net
Sun, 28 Sep 97 18:37:45 -0800

>A few weeks ago, Mitch, you extolled the RCT pitch raising program, and
>you volunteered to send the offset curve for it to anyone interested. I
>sent you a private post requesting it, but never heard back from you. If
>you are still willing to send it, I wd be happy to receive it.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bob Anderson
>Tucson, AZ

    Abject apologies. I'm a RSP (Registered Space Cadet) and get
distracted easily.
   It's real short and a few others requested it too, so here it is for
everyone.

RCT Pitch Raise overpull percentages
1. This chart assumes you start tuning at A0 and tune unisons as you go.
If you use another method, the numbers are probably a little low,
especially in octave 6.
2. RCT switches from 12% to 35% at the lowest plain wire note, which the
user defines by entering the note name (or number) in a dialog box. For
this example chart, the lowest plain wire note was C3.
3. These numbers are what RCT calls "medium" pitch raise percentages.
With one mouseclick, you can select "high" pitch raise percentages, which
adds 3 percentage points to each number, or "low," which subtract 3
percentage points. "High" and "Low" pitch raise percentages are used if
you think the soundboard is, respectively, more or less deflect-able than
average.

note -->  C      C#     D      D#     E        F       F#     G        G#
     A       A#     B

octave
   0
                            0      4       8
   1        12     12     12     12     12     12     12     12     12
 12     12     12
   2        12     12     12     12     12     12     12     12     12
 12     12     12
   3        35     33     32     31     30     30     30     30     30
 30     30     30
   4        30     30     30     29     29     28     28     28     27
 27     27     27
   5        27     27     28     28     29     29     30     30     31
 32     33     34
   6        35     36     37     38     38     38     38     38     38
 38     38     38
   7        38     38     38     38     37     35     33     31     29
 27     25     23
   8        21

To get random signatures put text files into a folder called "Random
Signatures" into your Preferences folder.