Tuning reply

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@emi.net
Tue, 30 Sep 1997 15:27:30 -0400

Hi, it's me again. This is TRUE but not enough stretch to satisfy double
and triple octaves. They will be too small. Try it and test it. Tune A=440.
Tune an octave higher beatless 2:1. Then tune another octave beatless 2:1.
Then test double octave and you will see that the highest A is flat. This
is even more apparent if you do a third octave. The triple octave will be
worse than the double octave even though, as you correctly say, there is an
automatic stretch due to inharmonicity.

Howard