income up reply more

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sat, 01 Aug 1998 19:44:25 -0400

James:

Don't we really need both?  The "big boys" and the well qualified
technicians who do in-home (in-school, in-church, etc.) piano service?
I would also call into question the phrase "that kind of clientele."  I
used to service pianos for the local Steinway/Baldwin/etc. dealer, and
if my memory serves me correctly, the clientele I served then did not
differ much from the clientele I serve now.

You are right.  There came a time when I had to choose, but I do not
feel I am on the fringe.  I am good at what I do, and I am already moved
up.  There is a lot more to life than recognition, although I've had my
share of that, too.  I would love to enumerate the many ways I am
blessed, but it would sound like bragging.  I am at peace, and at this
moment I wouldn't trade places with anyone.

Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA

pianoman wrote: (a lot of snips here and there)

There is a time when you have to choose if you are going to run with the
big
 boys and you have to follow the same rules that they have to follow
UNLESS,
you choose to stay in the underbrush and have that kind of clientele.
If you
are good at what you do don't settle for being on the fringe.  Move up.

James Grebe