income up reply

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 20:07:41 -0700 (PDT)

>James,
>Your tax preparer is right. Besides being a novice piano tech., I am
>also a veteran CPA. Never spend money merely to save taxes, unless it's
>part of a more comprehensive tax strategy. I.e. if you were going to buy
>the tools anyway and could lower your taxes more by buying this year vs.
>next year.
>Jerry Hunt
>Dallas, TX

Since approximately 30% of my earnings, give or take, is initially destined
for taxes and is money I will never have for my personal use, why not spend
it in a fashion that best serves the interests at home when at all
possible.  I take the approach that using the 30% plus the 70% I do have
provides more buying power for the items I can utilize in the business.

All above board, of course,

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician