sales tax

kam544@earthlink.net kam544@earthlink.net
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 20:07:25 -0700 (PDT)

Carl Root posted:
>...What we're really interested in is the ratio of service cost to
>'materials'cost and is the 'materials cost' sold as a stand alone item
>without installation and in sufficiently large numbers to make it
>worthwhile for both the State and you to pay attention.
>
>Doubt it.  Unless you're selling pianos.

*Anytime* you purchase items with the purposes of resale, trust me, Carl,
the State you do this business in is interested, very interested!

In accounting accounts called Purchases and Sales monitor this activity,
and when profit is realized, the States concerned would like their fair
share for your privilege of doing business.  Point of sale is taken very
seriously by the State who stands to receive this fair share.

Some items, such as individual hammer shanks or individual hammers can be
regarded as a necessary Supplies expense of doing repairs if one so
chooses, but selling complete sets of hammer shanks or hammers cannot be
regarded as the same thing in the normal day to day business.

Keith McGavern
kam544@earthlink.net
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731