Painting Cast Iron Plate

Eliot Lee elee@amug.org
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 22:43:38 -1000

Hi Bill,

	Jim Coleman Sr. suggested to me to use Ace Hardware Antique Gold
Spray paint.  So far, I have used it on 3 plates.  It would also be a good
idea to spray the plate with a coat of lacquer or clear polyurethane
afterwards.

	Use the Auto body filler, it comes in a big tube, to fill the dings
and dents before painting it.  I made the mistake of stripping the old
finish off completely, causing too much work and an uneven finish
afterwards.

Hope that helps,

Eliot Lee
>I need sources of paint suppliers for spraying a piano plate.

>Some technicians recommend "Krylon" brand - metallic gold.
>Other have colors mixed.  Does Steinway sell paint for this?
>
>Suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>Bill Hopkins
>cyberpod@esslink.com

"You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars, guides
you too." - P.R. Sarkar