computers

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Wed, 05 Aug 1998 12:32:45 -0600

Win95 and Win98's power management is very nice for min. computer power
usage...  Rule of thumb is turn computer off if your not using it.  IF it
needs to stay on for fax software to answer calls, then by all means turn
on ALL the power saving features you can.  Some of the older systems,
though run win95/win98, can't really save much power...  Going through 3 HD
is more than likely because the motors burned out in each of them.  My
computer stays on for a long time each day, but when not in use it does get
turned off.  I have never had to replace anything because of heat damage.

Win95/Win98 and the assundry programs that go with it, don't clean up after
themselves very well sometimes as the point has been made, and I am
reiterating  it here....Reboot the computer now and then...You will run
into less "gliches"