Wild strings in new pianos

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 23:48:20 -0400

Ted:

I havenīt got much more to add after what Z!Reinhardt and Ron told you,
except that I had a simmilar problem with some pianos that arrived to
Venezuela, they were not quality pianos, but your mail remainded me of them.
They had the same problem, in the middle part, and I decided trying to tune
them higher, leave them to settle and lower the tone afterwards, and doing
that I discovered that they had been assembled with very soft hitch pins,
they started to bend, when I raised the pitch, (from 440 to 444 ) suddenly
one of the strings came loose, and when I looked at the hitch pin this one
was completely bent upwards, the others were to follow, so I contacted the
store and told the to talk to the manufacturer, They changed the pianos

Elian