Laughead bass bridges

Sy Zabrocki only4zab@imt.net
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 21:45:04 -0600

In 1972 I ordered a Kurtzman console which was made by Laughead. It was equipped with the vibrating knee panel you describe. A post extended from the bridge which made contact with the bottom board when slammed shut. Vibration from the bridge extended thru the post and caused the bottom board to vibrate. I had forgotten about this until this topic appeared. As I remember, I didn't notice any improvement in tone or volume.

Gordon Laughead mentions this device as the "Miracle Bridge" in the 1971 or 1972 Music Trades Directory.

Sy Zabrocki--RPT
Billings, MT