August Forster

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 22:32:10 EDT

In a message dated 8/6/98 9:29:58 PM, degen@telcel.net.ve wrote:

<<It is the EUROPE Piano Atlas and it quotes:

August Förster

Löbau/Sachsen (DDR)

Gegründet 1859

Seit 1972

VEB Förster Pianos

Elian;
 This is the Forster made in Lobau, Germany and you said the piano was made in
 Czechoslovakia. My Atlas shows Czec production stoppping in 1940 and not
 resuming until 1949. If it was made in Germany than your information probably
 is correct......although I don't know where they would have been getting
 materials for pianos then...guns and butter I suppose....... By the way did
 the Europe edition give any idea as to cost?
Jim B.