August Forster

Elian Degen degen@telcel.net.ve
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 23:57:15 -0400

Jim and List
 Sorry

I think I got mixed up, it is a Czeck piano, but for a moment I lost it, in
the EUROPE piano Atlas there is no mention neither about price nor about the
Czeck factory

<<It is the EUROPE Piano Atlas and it quotes:

August Förster

Löbau/Sachsen (DDR)

Gegründet 1859

Seit 1972

VEB Förster Pianos

Elian;
This is the Forster made in Lobau, Germany and you said the piano was made
in
Czechoslovakia. My Atlas shows Czec production stoppping in 1940 and not
resuming until 1949. If it was made in Germany than your information
probably
is correct......although I don't know where they would have been getting
materials for pianos then...guns and butter I suppose....... By the way did
the Europe edition give any idea as to cost?
Jim B.