pianotech-digest V1997 #1018

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Fri, 07 Aug 1998 07:42:58

Dear Jory,

Thanks for all your information, which reminds me that I need a remedial
electronics course.

>The affect Elian is referring to is referred to in engineering circles as
"Inductive Kick".  I've never heard of "rapture effect" outside of
discussions of religion.

In Elian's defense, I can say that he lives in South America, and therefore
is writing in a foreign language. His English is improving all the time.
It's possible that "rapture effect" is a literal translation from the
Spanish way of saying Inductive Kick, or that his terminology is not
completely uniform with ours.

>Sorry this turned into another lecture, but I want to do my part to stomp
out this "Urban Legend".  I hope I haven't offended you Elian.  I mean no
offense.

>Jory

(Me Too.)

Susan