computers

Ron Nossaman nossaman@SOUTHWIND.NET
Sat, 8 Aug 1998 22:58:52 -0500 (CDT)

Susan, Jim, to whom...

Yep, they do. It's called the CMOS set-up, and your hard drive (among other
things) becomes unrecognizable to the system when the configuration
information evaporates. My drive type(s), number of cylinders, heads, and
sectors are printed on a disc label stuck to the front of my computers. It's
also written on the drives inside in Magic Marker so it's lose-proof (but
not graffiti) if the sticker happens to evaporate too.

>Jim, list ...
>

>I don't know if more modern computers still need this. I have a 486.
>
>Susan

 Ron