Answering Machines - Outcome For Now

Joel A. Jones jajones2@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 09:43:08 -0500

List,
Check out the local phone company answering service.  Our company has an
800 number that we can use when we're out of town to check our messages.
We can leave messages for each other on this number.  Transfer messages to
other mail box holders to hear the 'real'  inflection of the voice.
	The message can be slowed down to unravel the phone
number/name/problem from the fast talkers. Replay/skip message/ erase/ save
in archive/repeat  - all with a touch of a button.
	No more waiting for the tape to rewind/replay.   No more box on the
desk for me.
Joel

>Z, I used to use answering machines then our local phone company offered
>an awnsering service through them. You don't have to worry about tapes ,
>power failures or machine break downs. The cost per month isn't all that
>much either.
>Dick
>

>On Tue, 11 Aug 1998 22:33:39 -0400 "Z! Reinhardt"
><diskladame@provide.net> writes:
>>----------
>>> From: Tom Cole <tcole@cruzio.com>
>>>

>>> If your sound quality
>>> is getting poor, you might try cleaning the heads with alcohol and
>>> cotton swabs.
>>
>>> Tom
>>> --
>>
>>Also, demagnetize them periodically.  Radio Shack carries a device for
>>about $30.00.  Sometimes they look something like a probe, but
>>sometimes
>>you can get one that is housed in a standard cassette.
>>
>>[Wish it was that easy to enhance the sound quality of digital
>>machines --
>>the one I had made everything sound like it was underwater.  Everybody
>>who
>>left messages on that machine commented "You need to change the tape
>>-- it
>>sounds AWFUL!" and it wasn't a tape at all.]
>>
>>Z! Reinhardt RPT
>>Ann Arbor  MI
>>diskladame@provide.net

>Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Keep In Tune
Joel A. Jones                           jajones2@facstaff.wisc.edu
UW-Madison                           http://uwpianos.music.wisc.edu/
1501 Humanities