Chickering 410

Phil Bondi tito@peganet.com
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:10:26 -0400

Hi Folks.

I'm in the showroom today catching up on the showroom stuff, and a
salesman comes over to me and asks me to play this Chick 410. I do,
and it sounds fine to me. Then he asks me to play just F3 and lift the
dampers. It seems that this note is picking up alot of low harmonics
from the wound strings. He asked me if there was anything I could do
to make it sound better..I told him I would ask the experts and see if
they had a solution...

F3 on this piano is the first tri-chord AND the first note past the
break. This note sounds fine when played by itself, but lift the
dampers and this particular note becomes *amplified* and there is a
*lowness* to the sound, as if the wound strings are ringing
sypathetically.

Alan..Guy..have either of you heard this with this particular model?

..any and all help is very appreciated..
Phil