Chickering 410 back

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:34:21 -0500

Hello Phil,
That phenomenon is one of the things I love about older Baldwin M's.  Using
the sustain pedal causes the tone to swell up just like a swell pedal on an
organ.  If we are talking about the same thing it probably is true of the
whole piano.  To me, that would not be a defect but a valuable character
trait.
James Grebe
R.P.T. of the P.T.G.
 Since 1962 in St. Louis, MO