Visualizing Strings - (what are they doing in the dark that we don't know about?)

Donnie Byrd drbyrd@pond.net
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 07:58:07 -0800

Alan W Deverell wrote:

> Bob - I would be very interested to see such film, however, as a
> diagnostic tool the cost of filming and the delay in getting the film
> developed may be a bit TOO protracted (but perhaps not as long and it
> has taken me NOT to get the idea going and tested):-)))
>
> AlanD

About 20 years ago, I saw a display at the Boston Museum of Science &
Industry (I think that was the name) of sound harmonics in color.  You
might want to see it or see what their study was.

Donnie