violin viola cello-piano

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 10:18:57 -0600

hi all,
the topic line reminded me of a trick for eliminating the mismatched over
tones of wild bass strings. Walter Spencer my mentor ( passed away last
December ) showed me to put a rubber wedge or felt punching above the
windings to mute down the offending string. Yes it is not the best way to
go, but the point is that the upper partials are damped, like the bow on
the string, making the unison easy to tune.
Joe
You know you are on the level if your bubble is in the middle.