Perfection

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 07:50:07

At 09:56 AM 8/17/98 EDT, Jim wrote:

>Rob;
> Frequently 'my' translations are a bit vague but I believe the essence of
>Faintlys'
>thoughts comes through.

This does bring up an idea: if the original is a bit vague, does a good
translator render the passage a bit vague, too? This could explain a lot
about Faintly as he has been quoted to us.

>  As for finding Faintly in Bartletts', I am afraid it won't happen unless
>Bartlett misattributes to some other author.  When discussions were being
held
>to include Faintly in his tome, Mr. Barlett stiffed Faintly for the luncheon
>tab and Faintly has never forgiven him you see.......................

Uh, oh. I'd better stay on Faintly's _good side._ Who knows what he'd say
if he starts holding a grudge?

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651