Baldwin Concert Master vs Disklavier

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:00:40 -0500 (CDT)

List,

   Could any of you do any comparisons of owning one of these over the
other. Especially as it might relate to an educational institution? I
need some valid reasons why one might be preferable over the other in a
school setting.
   We're starting a program of buying Disklaviers in order to build a
library of accompaniments for the standard repertoire for students to be
able to check out and rehearse with. I'm sure the program will evolve
into more than just that, but that's the initial impetus for buying the
instruments.
   What I'm wondering about are any advantages of one over the other as
far as usage, longevity, upgradeability (is that a word?), maintenance,
etc.
   Feel free to reply off-list if you wish. Thanks for any information.

Avery   mailto:atodd@uh.edu

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music                  (__)
University of Houston                   (oo)        Mathematical Cow
Houston, TX 77204-4893         /---------\/     (Developer of cow-culus)
713-743-3226                  / | x=a(b)||
atodd@uh.edu                 *  ||------||
http://www.music.uh.edu/        ~~      ~~