Set New Bass Strings

Clyde Hollinger cedel@redrose.net
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 23:19:47 -0400

John:

I'm hesitant to recommend leaving the rest of the piano at pitch, but
when I needed to remove the bass strings to reglue a (vertical) bridge
to the apron, that's what I was advised from others to do.  I had no
problem.  I hope others will give their advice; don't go on mine alone.
It might be safer to let the tension down somewhat on the rest of the
piano.

Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA