Set New Bass Strings

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sun, 23 Aug 1998 21:58:58 -0600

Hi John,
IMHO Lowering the pitch of the bass strings of a piano that has over
stringing is lowering all the strings somewhat because of where the bass
strings are attached. Thus no heroic measures need to be taken such as
lowering the other strings. The piano would need to be tuned several times
to bring it back to stability if you only lowered all the bass and then re
tuned it. Replacing the strings will make it necessary to tune and stretch
the strings etc. Do level those bi-chords O:).
Joe
You know you are on the level if your bubble is in the middle.