Potter vs. Tech Schools

Frank Cahill fcahill@erols.com
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 22:13:50 -0400

Let me add one more thought.  I took the Potter course.  The main
advantage I see to a tech-school is that you will have access to better
pianos to hone your aurel tuning skills.  Mine aurel skills are not
great.

I'd like to take the tuning exam in 1999.  The biggest obstacle for me
is that I don't have access to a well scaled piano.  Most of my pianos
are junk.  The few decent painos I tune are in private homes.  It's
pretty unlikely that I could tune those pianos every week for practice.
I think it will take some effort to improve my tuning skills.

In our PTG chapter, a recent tech-school grad passed his RPT exams
immediately, fisrt try.  As for me, there is still a long road to
travel.

--

Frank Cahill
Associate Member