Has it begun again? (long)

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 07:18:29 -0600

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately, there are some *music* programs out there that actually
promote *keyboards* instead of pianos. Most noteably "Music for young
children". Also many *commercial* music schools have *nothing else*. And
yes, even some private teacher are *recommending* the keyboard. After
all--its *FUN FUN FUN*. Other than that I think you raised good points.

At 09:24 PM 8/25/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Lastly, I have talked to many music teachers time, and time, and time
>again. I have yet to find one who recomends them for students. With out
>regard to any of the above, the action doesn't feel remotely like a
>piano. Finger excersises are not effecient, and it is very ackward for
>the student to practice on a digital and then move to a real piano.
>
>Rob Goodale, RPT

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"
drose@dlcwest.com