Buzzing string problem

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 08:10:54 -0400

When I started out, I stocked an assortment of universal strings.
I used them so rarely I threw them out after many years.
For one thing, they were used temperarilly until the replacement
arrived. I saw that as an excersize in creating more work for myself.
Plus the hex core must score the agraffe or v-bar.

If a string is broken, I measure it and order a new one by fax.
To measure without the wire, subtract 1/8" from the h/p to winding
and 1/4" on the winding length; this will stretch to pretty much match.
For a quality grand, I will replace both strings for harmonic purposes.

Just my twist on things,
Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)