20 tons of tension

Peter Kestens KESTENS.P@Debcom.be
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 21:51:09 +0200

Michiel,
Verwacht toch niet te veel van die Amerikanen;  ze zijn absoluut geen
talenknobbels zoals wij hoor.  Ik ben echt benieuwd om hun reactie te zien
(en horen?)
KESTENS.P@DEBCOM.BE
BELGIUM
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Michiel van Loon <mvanloon@xs4all.nl>
Aan: Pianotech List <pianotech@ptg.org>
Datum: donderdag 27 augustus 1998 21:39
Onderwerp: Re: 20 tons of tension

Hi all,
In a book published by Nikolaus Schimmel, "Vom Musikstab zum Pianoforte, Ein
Unternehmen stellt sich vor", I found that Arno Schimmel (1898 - 1961) in
1930 patented "das Vollpanzerrahmen für Rastenlose Klaviere" (the reinforced
plate for upright without backposts).
For those who are interested I just placed some pictures from this book and
the original German text on http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvanloon/eisenplatte.htm .
(Warning, It is about 600kB.)
The German text is a lot of commercial talk, and it will take too much time
for me to translate from one foreighn language to another. And I believe
there are many of you who can read German, when see names like Fischer ,
Hoffsommer, Fandrich.........

Michiel van Loon
mvanloon@xs4all.nl
Meppel